On Thursdays we 33
Here we go…
I’ve been seeing a Personal Trainer the past five months. I work out 5 days a week, sometimes 7. It’s fun to change it up throughout the week.
This little gem is what my personal trainer likes to call 33. Mark and I call it the hell workout. It consists of 3 arm workouts, 3 leg workouts and 3 ab workouts. You do 33 of each workout on each side, once your done with the first set you do it all over again.
1. First up, the Bosu Pushup – knees on the mat. Push up (hands on bosu), come down bringing chest to bosu and stick hands out in front of you in a Superman pose. Repeat 32 more times.
2. Next, Dumbbell punches. Standing with your feet shoulders width apart, with a dumbbell in each hand, punch out bring your arms back in then punch up. That’s one. Repeat 32 more times.
3. Pushup dumbbell pull – from a pushup position balance your weight on your left arm as you pull the dumbbell in your right hand up to the side of your chest, bending your arm as you pull it upward. Pause, and then quickly lower the dumbbell. Repeat with your left arm. Alternating arms, 33 total.
4. Bulgarian Lunge on the Bosu – with your back foot on the bosu do a lunge adding a jump with your front foot. 33 on each leg.
5. Side Lunge on the Bosu – with your feet together a couple feet from the bosu ball step out sideways letting your foot land on the bosu ball. Squat down then push your foot back up. 33 on each leg.
6. Bosu Burpee Jump – Standing in front of the bosu do a burpee with your hands coming down on the bosu instead of the floor. After jumping back up from the burpee jump up and off of the bosu. Repeat. 33 total.
7. Crunch – laying on your back with the bosu between your legs situp and hit the bosu then lay back down. 33 total.
8. Bosu toe taps – With your arms in a pushup position, place one foot on the ground and one foot on the bosu ball. Switch feet rapidly using quick taps. 33 on each leg.
9. V-ins on Bosu ball – sitting on the bosu ball raise your knees in and form a V with your body. 33 total
Once you complete one set (1-9), rest. For the second set mix up the order so you do one each of the arms, legs and ab sets. I usually do it in this order: 1,4,8, 2,6,7, 3,5,9